Next the planks were sanded and yellow mitti applied. Again sanded. It was given an even coat (3 coats) of brown wood polish. The color of wood polish can be changed by using a suitable die. Once it is dried up, it is again polished by a dried muslin cloth till it gets a glaze. Then electrical items are fitted and the lamp shade is fitted. Lamp shade can be of different shape and according to liking. Here is a lamp shade with wooden base ready.
Thursday, May 19, 2016
Monday, January 18, 2016
The wooden planks were selected and as per dimensions cut. Process of planing and sanding was carried out. The wooden planks were joined and then handmade ‘Putty’ from fevicol and fine wood dust formed into paste was applied. It was left to dry and was sanded by sander to make it ready for polishing.
Tuesday, January 12, 2016
Friday, February 27, 2015
Thursday, November 20, 2014
Here is water color art - SUNSET AT MAMBALAM TEMPLES. The famous shore temple of 8th century AD has been marvellously captured during the sunset. The painting was caught on camera (forgive me for my reflection in the glass though).
The same temples were painted in 'Oil on Canvas' for a client. A giant piece of art that is - it is 6 feet by 4 feet' in dimension and overlooks the drawing room.
For enquiries please view http://chitale-solutions.com/artefacts-and-art
Wednesday, November 19, 2014
Friday, November 7, 2014
- Designing an aircraft is a major task. World wide in big companies employs 100s of engineers to design aircraft and its components. Nevertheless with so many years in aircraft designing, the industry has a road map of how to go about designing an aircraft.
2. A typical design of aircraft goes through following steps :-
-Studying user requirements
-Literature and historical survey of available aircrafts of the class and available technology
-Feasibility and constraints
-Drag Polar Calculations
-Selection of optimum wing loading
-AC Stability Calculations
- Let us take a small exercise of designing a 40, 000 Kg Freighter which can take upto around 400 passengers. Its range should be around 6500 – 7000 Km and endurance to be about 8 hrs. Mach no to be at 0.8 – 0.8.
- A Survey of following aircrafts was undertaken.
- Mc Donnell Douglas DC – 10 Transport.
- Aribus A 320.
- Ilyushin 76.
- Lockheed L- 100 Series.
- Ilyushin 86II.
- Boeing 707.
- As an example the survey of Mc Donnell DC 10 is given here, then when all the aircrafts of the same class were studied, ‘Ratios were obtained from the collected data’ so that general indications of fuel weight, basic empty weight, wing loading, powerplant could be arrived at.
The ratios of various parameters such as fuel weight, basic empty weight, wing loading, power plant is given here.
RATIOS OBTAINED FROM COLLECTED DATA